Scholarship Program for Master's in Bilingual Education candidates. Apply now!
Scholarship Program for Master's in Bilingual Education candidates. Teach in a French Dual Language program in New York. Apply for a scholarship to get your Master's! Deadline for application: December 1st.
The Société des Professeurs de Français et Francophones d'Amérique, the FACE foundation, and the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in New York are pleased to announce a scholarship program for qualified graduate students enrolled in a Master’s program in French Bilingual Education in New York City.
Need for Teachers
The current demand for Bilingual French Teachers creates an unprecedented opportunity for students who study Bilingual Education to have numerous job opportunities available to them once they become certified bilingual teachers. There are currently seven elementary schools and three middle schools in the New York City Public School System with Dual Language Programs. And soon a high school with the Boerum Hill School for International Studies! This demand is only expected to grow in the near future, creating endless opportunities for qualified and enthusiastic studentsteachers.
(for French-English Dual- Language Teachers in NYC):
• Proper documentation to work in the United States
• New York State Teaching Certification (out-of-state certifications must be transferrable)
• Bilingual Extension Teaching Certification
• Fluency in both French and English
About the Scholarship
There are several $5,000 scholarships available, made possible by generous donations from the Société des Professeurs Français et Francophones d'Amérique, the Embassy of France, FACE Foundation and individual donors. These scholarships are for candidates enrolled in Master’s or Certificate Program in Bilingual Education who plan on teaching in a French-English Dual-Language Program in NYC after obtaining their degree and/or certifications.
Please direct all questions and inquiries to email@example.com
• Must show proof of acceptance into a Bilingual Education Master’s or Certificate leading to NY State certification in French-English Dual- Language education within two months after application deadline.
• Must be eligible to teach in a Dual- Language Program after graduation (see Teacher’s Requirements)
• Personal statement (in French) answering the following question: Pourquoi souhaitez-vous enseigner dans les classes bilingues de NY ? • Undergraduate transcript (unofficial)
• Letter of recommendation (in French preferred)
Deadline: December 1st
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
To support this initiative, please make a donation by following this link